Photo source =medicalartspress.com
If you wear any kind of eyewear, then you don’t need to be told how costly they can be. No, we’re not just talking about branded eyewear even un-branded prescription eyeglasses from traditional optical shops can cost you whole loads of cash.
As such, here are a few handy tips for taking proper care of your spectacles and making them last longer.
Look after your eyeglasses using these simple dos and don’ts.
1. A pair of eyeglasses usually comes with a case; do keep your eyeglasses in that case when not in use. Before keeping your glasses in the case, wrap a cotton cloth around them for added protection
Protect your eyewear case by keeping it in a safe and dry place. Avoid exposing the case to direct sunlight or extreme temperatures
2. Clean your eyewear every day, Wash them carefully with a mild soap and warm water. If necessary, use a wet cotton or soft cloth to clean. This helps to purge oily smudges and dusty deposits from your lenses, which will not only increase the life of your glasses, but also provide you a clearer and glare free vision.
3. When cleaning anti-reflective coated lenses, always use eyeglasses cleaning solution approved by your optometrist. By utilizing such eyeglasses cleaning solution, cleaning your anti-reflective coated lenses will no longer be a chore.
4. Don’t use just any type of cloth or even tissue paper to wipe your eyeglasses. This is a big no-no. Tissue, towels, and regular cloth can cause scratches. Therefore, you should use special eyeglass cleaning cloth to wipe your eyewer.
5. You must keep your eyeglasses out of the reach of children and pets.
6. Never set your eyewear down on their lenses as this can cause scratches to the lenses and thus damage the pair. Therefore always put down your eyeglasses folded with the lens side facing upwards.
7. You also need to pay close attention to the frames. Frames tend to loosen up after a while just from simply being worn. Use a tiny screwdriver to tighten up your frames if they feel loose.
8. If the hinges become loose, your eyeglasses will get out of the shape. In order to prevent that you should use a set of pliers and gently bend the hinge back into or as close to its original place as possible.
9. While removing your glasses, you should use your both hands. This gives your spectacles a proper balance and thus protects them from easy breakage. Hold both the temple ends, one in each hand, and then remove your glasses carefully.
10. If you want to adjust your spectacles, do so by the temples and not by the bridge.
By simply following these useful tips for eyeglasses caring; you can ensure that your eyewear serve you for a long time