With the vast variety of reasons why people wear glasses, it’s imperative that the trend isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. However, while many overlook the magic that the right choice of lenses brings, wearing shabby lenses is no longer excusable. It would however logically appear to everyone that the mention of eye glasses spells exclusive glass made glasses, but rather surprisingly, today the highest percentage of glasses available in the market are instead made of high technology plastic. This invention has several benefits which include:-
- Light-weight- The plastic lenses are light weight as compared to the pure glass made lenses.
Light-weight, High-index lenses are the right choice if you want thinner, lighter lenses and eyeglasses/sunglasses that are as attractive and comfortable as possible.
Thinner, lighter high-index lenses are especially recommended if you have a strong eyeglass prescription for nearsightedness, farsightedness or astigmatism.
Shop Prescription Sunglasses
- Impact/ scratch resistant- The high technology plastic made lenses are highly resistant to breakage as compared to glass lenses.
Lenses scratched? Prescription old? New lenses for your Glasses! Re-Lens Your Own Frame
- Ultraviolet protective- The light weight plastic lenses can be filtered to shield your eyes from direct sunlight (Ultra-violet light).
Today, there are a variety of high-definition lenses digitally customized for your eyes. These high-tech lenses are customized to leave you thoroughly satisfied with your eye sight. The various brands of high definition lenses are:-
- Free-form lenses- Also known as digital high-definition lenses, these are indeed the most popular brand in high definition eyeglasses lenses. Free-form denotes an advanced manufacturing process involving reduction of high-order aberrations like spherical aberration occurring in eye glass lenses. The benefits that these lenses accord are maximizing the optics built into the lenses to provide brighter and more intense colours, reduce glare caused by night light sources like headlights and also helps to sharpen vision.
Buy Progressive & Bifocal Glasses
- Wave-front Lenses-These lenses are created with a push from the same advanced technology used in measuring the eye before custom, Wave front- oriented LASIK eye surgery. A computerized instrument illuminates uniform wave of light into the eye that reflects on the retina. The returning light is therefore analyzed for evaluation of all optical imperfections. Wave-front lenses are said to not only help improve night vision but also helps to correct most lingering vision problems as a result of either refractive eye surgery or LASIK surgery.
Well if you normally wear eye glasses and find you are dissatisfied with the clarity of sight you get from your glasses, in this case your eye professional is in the best position to advice on high definition glasses. However, with the procedure and high-tech materials used to design and fabricate high-technogy eye glasses, it is to be noted that the cost might rise to up to 25-30% as compared to the regular eye glasses. Ideally, with today’s technology, it would appear a sorry excuse to continue wearing shabby lenses and would definitely be compared with insisting to keep an analog tv in this day and age.